Mustapha Signs New Palace deal
Teenager Hindolo Mustapha has signed a new contract at Crystal Palace and will join German side FC Nurnberg on loan for the season, The 19-year-old’s new deal is until 2028 and he will spend the 2025/26 season on loan at the 2. Bundesliga side.
Mustapha won Palace’s under-21 player of the season last season and earned his first call-up to the Sierra Leone senior side, He also featured for the Palace first-team squad in a mid-season friendly against HamKam in March 2025.
Roma hold talks over George and Sancho
Roma sporting director Ricky Massara has held talks with Chelsea and the representatives of Tyrique George over signing the winger before the deadline.
A source said that club-to-club talks took place on Tuesday morning, while the conditions of a deal were discussed with George’s camp last night, Negotiations are understood to have been over a permanent deal for George, who was not in the squad for Friday’s 5-1 win at West Ham United.
George’s representatives also look after Manchester United forward Jadon Sancho. Roma have been pushing for the last month to try and get a deal done for Sancho – and they asked again in the meeting.
As it stands, Sancho is exploring other options, United want to do a permanent deal for Sancho but with just six days left in the window, another loan cannot be ruled out, Sancho has entered the final year of his United contract, with the club holding the option to extend for a further year.
Real, Barcelona, Juve could become options for Guehi
There have been no new approaches for Marc Guehi, yet, He is preparing to play for Crystal Palace in Norway on Thursday against Fredrikstad in their Conference League play-off second leg.
Guehi has turned down the offer of a new deal and is in an extremely strong position as he will be out of contract next summer, Clubs of the calibre of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus could all become options in January when he could sign an agreement with a foreign club.
As it stands, he will remain a Palace player, but they are obviously looking for centre-backs in the market, He could leave if Palace sign a replacement and receive a suitable offer.
Galatasaray in talks over signing Bissouma
Galatasaray are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur over a deal for midfielder Yves Bissouma, The Turkish club are proposing an initial loan with an obligation to buy, Spurs are open to letting the midfielder leave before the transfer deadline on September 1 and there is a mutual agreement with the player to let him explore his options.
Head coach Thomas Frank has not selected the 28-year-old for his matchday squad in his first three games in charge of Spurs this season, Frank dropped Bissouma from his squad for the Super Cup for disciplinary reasons and said it was due to the player being late on a few occasions, Bissouma has a year left on his contract at Spurs.
Matic joins Sassuolo
Former Chelsea and Man Utd midfielder Nemanja Matic has signed a one-year contract with Sassuolo, The 37-year-old Matic’s contract with Lyon was recently terminated by mutual consent. He brings a wealth of experience following long spells at Chelsea and Manchester United.
Barca midfielder Lopez a long-term Chelsea Target
Barcelona attacking midfielder Fermin Lopez is a long-term Chelsea target, He has four years left on his contract and is happy at Barcelona.
Chelsea will make more signings only if players leave this summer, Alejandro Garnacho and Xavi Simons are still the priority targets.
Garnacho remains committed to moving to Chelsea despite interest from clubs in Saudi Arabia, Chelsea are expecting significant bids for Nicolas Jackson once Alexander Isak’s future is resolved. He is valued at £70m.
Liverpool midfielder McConnell to join Ajax on loan’
Liverpool midfielder James McConnell has signed a new five-year contract and is poised to join Ajax on loan, The 20-year-old reportedly had interest from Championship sides West Brom, Hull City and Oxford United, and Austrian outfit Sturm Graz this summer.
But it is claimed Ajax won the race for McConnell thanks to their head coach, John Heitinga, who previously worked with him at Liverpool when he was Arne Slot’s assistant last season before leaving to take over the Dutch giants.
Isak repeats desire to join Liverpool’
Alexander Isak remains adamant he wants to leave Newcastle United, Isak is said to have repeated his desire to be allowed to join Liverpool, even though Newcastle have not received a bid that comes close to matching their valuation.
Newcastle directors Jamie Reuben and Jacobo Solis visited Isak at his house on Sunday ahead of the game with Liverpool, The group held talks about the striker’s future, which remains up in the air with less than a week of the transfer window remaining.
Newcastle chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan was present at the game but was not part of the talks with Isak at his house earlier in the day.